Content

Hülser Burg

Hüls Castle, which was partly restored under the responsibility of Karl Amendt, a krefeld architect, dates from 1455. The name Hüls Castle was first mentioned in 1144 referring to a site just north of the current location. This edifice was later replaced by a moated castle with a rectangular ground plan which was the setting for a witch trial in 1492. During the following 200 years the castle was the scene of many battles before finally sinking into oblivion for over 300 years. In 1998, the Hüls Conservation Society and the Hüls Sports Club began with the restoration work on the castle which was awarded the Krefeld monument award in 2005. Today the stonework, the tower and the battlement have been restored, and the courtyard provides an attractive setting for events.

Adress

Herrenweg 10
47839 Krefeld
Telephon: 0 21 51 / 74 89 20

Gastronomy

Ristorante Santa Lucia
Konventstraße 1
47839 Krefeld
Telephon: 0 21 51 / 73 36 27